One of my favorite things about running LALO digital is getting to travel the world on the job. Earlier this month, I had the pleasure of traveling to Gstaad, Switzerland, a place that’s been on my “ski bucket list” since moving to London and minus one day of poor weather, it did not disappoint!
STAY AT THE GRAND BELLEVUE
Logistics wise — Juliet (my OG LALO client) and I headed to Gstaad for her press trip with Perfect Moment x The Grand Bellevue Gstaad and her family. The hotel was so homey and beautiful. Usually I love the alpine, woody, sheepskin rug type of vibes in the mountains, but something about the Grand Bellevue really felt like a warm home away from home. The food was some of the best of the best I’ve ever eaten. Surprisingly I STILL crave their sushi — yes sushi! The rooms were really comfortable, their bathroom products are all Bamford (my fav from Daylesford Farm), and the spa was another level.
I didn’t have a treatment but every evening after skiing we’d hit the saunas and steam rooms before filtering through and editing photos, and while I’m used to there being a standard dry sauna and wet sauna at most spa — The Grand Bellevue “Thermal Oasis” as they call it was out of this world. It had a rose quartz sauna, a red light therapy sauna, herbal sauna with scents and herbs of Morocco, steam rooms with varying temperature, another dry sauna with hay and heat to emulate the scents of Switzerland in the summer. Every sauna “station” was truly an experience and one of my highlights every evening after a full ski/shoot day.
Having grown up skiing I’ve learned to invest in quality ski pieces — and in this case scope out my favorite Perfect Moment ski jacket to be on brand with the press trip this year! I’ve included all of my ski season favorites in my SKI SHOP BLOG POST HERE — but for the sake of keeping everything accessible, I linked my looks and fav pieces from the trip here too. Without a doubt this Gingham Perfect Moment Jacket is my all time newest favorite ski piece. It’s so so SO comfy. Like pitting on a cosy, (but chic) cloud. When skiing, I find the attire can be quite “floofy” and not always the most flattering fit wise, so I also bought this Perfect Moment bum bag belt to cinch my waist with my ski jackets. Surprisingly what I thought would be a bit of a splurge to not look like a fluffy muffin ended up being my favorite extra purchase this year. The function of these fanny packs/ bum bags are SO useful. I now wont be able to go on a ski trip without it. Instead of taking off gloves, reaching for my phone, lip balm, etc etc from my pockets, everything was in reach. My one piece was from last year but another great ski fav. I found this look-alike under $100 and linked a few other with the same function. On the perfect moment note I completed my ski day look with a classic perfect moment star sweater, and stayed warm with my Sweaty Betty top and bottom thermals.
For our days off the mountains, I pretty much lived in my Aprés Ski sweaters. Originally I bought this cute color blocked ASOS style to save $$ from the look-alike perfect moment styles and ended up splurging on this cute Frame Style too — perfect for afternoons, dinners, and with leather pants to the airport. Pant wise, my faux leather leggings and new Mother faux leather pants were all I wore. I brought a few chunky sweaters, a parka, and Stand Studio faux-fur coat (Still on sale 40% off!). Shoes — The only pair I wore besides ski boots are these Marc Fisher pair from last year. They’re sold out but I did link several that have the same vibe and function. Juliet had a plethora of moon boots and I packed my Sorrels for super snowy weather, but ended up only needing these due to warmer ski weather.
PLACES TO EXPERIENCE IN GSTAAD
- Ski at Horneggli and Hornberg this mountain has some of the prettiest views (7-10 minute drive from Gstaad Village)
- Ski at Eggli, this is where you’ll find a #GSTAAD Sign at the top of the Gondola
- Spa at Grand Bellevue // If you’re not staying here book a day pass just for the amenities and consider booking a Bamford Massage or Dr. Barbara Sturm Facial
- Explore the high end shops: Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Moncler, Ralph Lauren, Prada —are just a few of the “must-see” luxe retailers that make Gstaad so homey yet luxe.
- FOOD: You must must eat at Leonards, The Bar, and Le Petit Chalet all located at Le grand Bellevue Gstaad. For some of the world’s best pizza go to Rialto for Apres ski lunch in town, Restaurant Hotel Rossi for unreal fondu in town. You must visit the bar at Iglu-dorf at the top of Horneggli for hot chocolate.
If you’re off to the mountains, here’s a little breakdown of everything I brought that was necessary
- Ski Jacket
- Ski Pants / One Piece
- Ski Sweater (Over Layer)
- Ski Gloves
- Ski Goggles
- Ski Helmet (Rent*)
- Ski Glove Liners if it’s 20’s (f) and Below
- Base Layers – Thermal Top and Bottoms
- Ski Bag
- Airplane Outfit (Aprés Sweater and Leather pants)
- Mountain Boots
- Faux Leather leggings / pants
- White Tee for aprés base layer
- Faux Fur Coat for Town
- Ski Socks/ Wool Socks
- Toiletries / Travel Skincare