I just got back from Paris..again! This time with one of my best childhood friends, Morgan. After 6 trips there, I’m so excited to finally share a Paris travel guide…. its long overdue. I’ll be including every little detail for food, hotels, touristy things, local highlights, must-sees, and a few things off the beaten path. I’ll be sharing that Friday so check back then, but in the meantime I wanted to get a lot better about sharing my everyday outfits on the blog too, in addition to shoots, Instagram & LiketoKnow it so linked our Paris Travel looks and full Day 1 Itinerary.
For our first day in Paris, we hit the ground running, starting with a Eurostar Train ride from London at 7am. To keep from overpacking (something I still did.. oops) I always try to dress as practically as possible. I wore this on the train, checking into the Hotel (Amastan in the 8th), all day for sightseeing, lunch at Pink Mama (a must!), and shopping, up until I changed for dinner at Chez Julien. When traveling I always find it easy to wear flats, a comfy pair of denim, a classic white silk button up, and coat during European autumn — I basically wore a version of this exact same outfit on my travel day to Paris during Paris fashion week with Hannah too. I found this coat at Top Shop last year and they haven’t made another version, but I did find several similar style under $200 linked below! Ask Morgan, pretty much every Parisan girl was wearing a checked coat so I was glad I blended in! The rest are classic investments (Ie Chanel Flats/ Sezane Silk Blouse/ Loeffler Randall Leather Backpack etc) I bought previous years, but I linked a few look-alikes, just as great for everyday Autumn/Winter (possibly even spring) and travel too.
Morgans outfit was SO cute too! She just got this dress from & Other Stories during her work trip in London and similarly styled it with classics — Chloe boots and a leather jacket as we explored Monmarte, one of my favorite parts of Paris!
Just in case you’re wanting to Know our exact Day 1 Itinerary too in addition to my entire guide, here’s everything we did Day 1!
PARIS DAY 1 ITINERARY
- 7am Eurostar from London (11am arrival to Gare Du Nord)
- Check Into Amastan Hotel in the 8th (Normal check in is at 3, they’ll hold your luggage)
- Walk through Jardin Des Champs Elysees to Place De La Concorde
- Lunch at Pink Mamma in Monmarte (a MUST!! Make Reservations in Advanced)
- Wandering around Charming Monmarte Streets (Lily of the Valley Shop, La Maison Rose, Place Du Tertre)
- Shopping in Monmarte (Maje, BA/SH, more along Rue Des Maryrs)
- Sezane Apartment (Ubered here for timesake, but a cute French shopping stop **Closed Mondays)
- Jardin Du Palais Royal (Walk the entire Garden, not just the black and white pillars)
– Champagne and Cheese Picnic at the Eiffel Tower (Lights will twinkle at 8pm and on the hour for 5 minutes every hour until 1am)
– Dinner at Chez Julien (1 Rue du Pont Louis Philippe // 12am-11pm * Make Reservation)