Guys, I love you, but whether you’re in a relationship or not, I am such a fan of girls trips. — it’s so healthy to get away, drink some wine, spend time with your best friends, and literally laugh until your stomach hurts. If you’re looking for some inspiration and need an escape with your girls (Bachelorette party or not)… here are some of my favorite girl’s trip destinations, (all of which I’ve been to) listed in no particular order!
1. COTSWOLDS STAY: The Wild Rabbit Inn DO: Country Walks, Spa Day, Drinks/Dinner at a pub, Daylesford Farms, Wine by the fire, Yoga class at the Haybarn Spa, Board Games, reading, cooking classes at Daylesford Farm, floral, horseback riding, shopping in Stow-on-the-wold. I recently got back from a weekend at the Wild Rabbit Inn with three of my closest friends in London, and without exaggerating, the entire weekend was absolutely perfect. It’s only a 1.5 hour train ride from Paddington Station to Kingham and everything you’d want out of a Cotswolds country escape. The rooms are decorated perfectly (especially the Moat Cottages) and it’s the perfect setting to escape city life, enjoy some good cuisines, grab a good book, cosy up by a wood-burning fire, detox at Daylesford farm, and enjoy a slower pace outside of the city. The Hotel will help you set up any activities you want! It’s just a walk away from Daylesford farm which offers workout classes, spa treatments, cooking classes, floral arrangement workshops, farm to table restaurants, and it’s own little shops. Additionally, there are tons of country walks (the hotel will provide maps) and you can get a taxi to Stow-On-The-Wold (Call Matthew +44 7555 302030) for an afternoon of shopping, tea, or drinks at the Porch H ouse) READ MY COTSWOLDS GUIDE FOR MORE
2. Malta STAY: Air BNB or PHONECIA MALTA DO: Hiking Blue Lagoon, Explore the ancient town, Mediterranean food, wine. Exactly a year ago, my 3 girlfriends and I planned an impromptu getaway to Malta and I absolutely loved this country! It’s unlike any place I’ve experienced before, especially the town of Valetta. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly trip within the EU, Malta overall is quite inexpensive. The people were extremely friendly. For being a small Mediterranean country, there was surprisingly a lot to see and quite the variety from Valetta’s colorful streets, to M’dina’s ancient walls, and GOZO’s crystal clear waters/ stunning hike views. It’s nothing glamorous, but a really cool unique city break… and the food & wine were delicious! READ MY MALTA HIKING POST FOR MORE
READ MY MALTA HIKING POST FOR MORE
3. Deer Valley, Utah STAY: Rent a House on VRBO | Montage Deer Valley DO: Skiing, Spa Day at the Montage, Dinners out, Shopping in Town, Horseback Riding, White Water Rafting, Cooking Dinner, Wine & Game Night, skiing in the winter Back when I lived in LA, my girlfriends and I took a few trips here —- once in the summer and again in the winter… it’s such a great place for a girls getaway! I go on about it a lot more in my Deer Valley Travel Guide — but ultimately it’s a great option of you want a mix of pampering and nature + has tons to offer in the winter (Skiing, Snowmobiling, Spa, Apres Scene, etc) and just as much in the summer (Horseback Riding, White Water Rafting, Hiking, Sundance Film Festival etc) . READ MY DEER VALLEY TRAVEL GUIDE FOR MORE
4. PALM SPRINGS STAY: The Parker Hotel or Rent a House With a Group DO: Pool Days, Hiking, Spa Days, Shopping in Downtown Palm Springs, Eating Out, Music Festivals (Coachella or Stage Coach), Tennis, Bike Riding, Golf, Bachelorette Parties EAT: King’s Highway (Breakfast) | Norma’s at the Parker (Lunch or Dinner) Girl’s trip or not, Palm Springs was one of my favorite weekend getaway spots when I lived in LA. There’s nothing quite like the desert sun. Of course it’s amazing to go here for Coachella, but especially Jan – April, when you’re really craving some sunshine and color! I’ve been here over 10 times — for Bachelorettes, weekend trips, Coachella, Valentine’s Day, girl’s trips in college, work trips, etc. I can’t say enough good things — definitely add this to your list if you’re based in LA. It’s an amazing option for R&R, laying by the pool, and just has as many relaxing things as party vibes.
5. CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA STAY: The Inns at CHS DO: Food tour of Charleston, Bike Riding, Candle Making Class at Candlefish, Shopping, Sailing, Antique Shops, Stop in Savannah and Montage Palmetto Bluff, Bachelorette Parties My Sweet friend, Taylor-Rae and I did a little girl’s Southern Road trip, two springs ago! We started in Charlotte, her hometown, spent a few nights in Savannah, Georgia, stopped for Bellinis and lunch at Montage Palmetto Bluff, and rounded everything off in Charleston! I couldn’t recommend this itinerary enough — for starters, I just love a road trip, and second it’s was so charming with so much to offer! This was definitely less of a spa retreat, more of a activity-filled vacation, but I loved it just as much. There’s TONS to do in Charleston even if this is you’re sole destination, and it lends itself to the perfect girls trip setting, because everything is so colorful and charming — think lavender lattes, an afternoon exploring the shops, wine night and oyster bars, candle making classes, and sailing with Rosé on Sunday! Great with girlfriends, for charming Bachelorette parties, or mom/daughter getaways. READ MY CHARLESTON & SAVANNAH GUIDES FOR MORE
6. AUSTIN, TEXAS STAY: Hotel Ella or Hotel Van Zandt DO: Boozy Brunch, Bike Riding, Paddle boarding/Boats, Shopping, See the Capitol, nightlife, food trucks, Pool Day. Being from Texas, you’d think I’d have visited Austin more times than I have, but after taking a road trip here with my cousin I couldn’t recommend it enough! Overall, Austin is just fun. There’s a great energy, lot’s to do, you get a city vibe with nightlife, but also options to enjoy shopping, the food scene, live music, and the great outdoors! We actually ended our trip in Austin after hitting up Magnolia Market in Waco then a night of Wine Tasting, Hiking, and Two-stepping in Fredericksburg. Whether you tack this onto a road trip, or head there as your sole destination, I promise you’ll have a great time! Definitely go for bottomless mimosa brunch, take advantage of a morning walk or paddle around Lady Bird Lake, and hit up Rainy Street for food trucks and Bungalow Bars to end off the night! READ MY TEXAS ROAD TRIP ITINERARY FOR MORE
7. BUDAPEST, HUNGARY STAY: AIR BNB DO: Sight-seeing, Thermal Baths, Good food-scene, city-break My Roommates and I took a little city break escape here last fall! This was a really easy weekend trip from London. They have the whole club scene if you’re after that or more of a pampered vibe if you visit the thermal baths. I’d definitely see parliament by the water, cross the bridge, see Fisherman’s Bastion, Buda Castle, Vajdahunyad Castle, and the Széchenyi Thermal Bath. Food wise – get a reservation at Mazel Tov, one of the best meals of my life!
8. BORDEAUX, FRANCE STAY: Air BNB | Les Sources De Caudalie (More Romantic but Beautiful) | Hotel Grattequina DO: Wine Tasting, Castle Tours, Sight-seeing in the City of Bordeaux, Shopping, Bike Riding, Boat Ride on the Garonne, To this date, Bordeaux is still one of my top 3 favorite places in the world. Maybe it’s because you drink wine the whole time, but I’m so deeply happy here. I’ve been here twice, on a girl’s trip with one of my best friend’s and again on a press trip working with, Juliet. It’s the ultimate place to drink wine, explore castles, ride bikes, soak in the country, eat cheese and just relax! SEE MY BORDEAUX GUIDE FOR MORE
9. MYKONOS, GREECE STAY: San Giorgio Mykonos DO: Pool Days, Late Nights, Scorpios Beach Club, Names Boozy Brunch, Shopping in town, Windmills, Spa Treatments, Yoga, eating. I could go on and on about this trip for days. My childhood best friends and I came here in July and seriously had the most amazing time, I don’t even know where to begin. Get a group of your best single girlfriends, splurge on a trip here, and enjoy every single second. We’d lay at the pool all day and go out until the wee hours of the night! It’s a trip I’ll ALWAYS remember and honestly couldn’t recommend it enough — especially before you’re married!! SEE MY MYKONOS GUIDE FOR MORE
10. IBIZA, SPAIN STAY: We stayed at Ushiaïa and honestly it was TOO much! Go out here, but stay somewhere else more chilled! DO: Party Scene, Night life, Boating to Formentera, Beach Day, Pool Day, Explore the town, Shopping. I’ll always remember this trip as when I had the happiest day of my entire life… so far at least! My closest childhood friend, her friend, and I came here for a whirlwind 2 nights after staying in Madrid and Valetta. Ibiza is very much a party scene, kind of like Vegas on the water? Or at least how we did it, but I 100000% recommend getting a boat/yacht whatever you will and spending the day drinking Rosé, paddle boarding, eating Paella at Juan y Andrea on Formentera and living your best life! If you’re based in the states it’s quite the trek so I’d recommend adding on a few other destinations like Marid and Valetta. UK-based girls you’re good just booking a round trip ticket here — had we had more time, I would have loved to explored more of the town… currently working on planning another girl’s trip back here! MORE ON MY MADRID GUIDE
11. NEW YORK STAY: The Ritz Carlton Central Park | AIR BNB in West Village | One Hotel DO: Sight seeing, Shopping, Central Park Walk, Spa Day, Broadways Shows, Live with Kelly and Ryan, Biking, West Village Dinners, Night’s Out, Restaurant Hopping, Ice Skating at Christmas. EAT: Butcher’s Daughter, ABC Kitchen, (More on my Guide) Not to be cliche, but I’ll always love New York! There is truly no better place for any kind of girl’s trip — I’ve gone here with several girlfriends and also grew up going here with my mom! There’s SO much to do, the best restaurants to eat at, and it’s pretty much a no brainer choice regardless of the time of year. READ MY NEW YORK FASHION WEEK RECAP FOR MORE RECOMMENDATIONS
12. NAPA / SAN FRANCISCO STAY: Carneros Inn | White House Inn Napa | Meadowood Napa DO: Wine Tasting, Bike Riding, Pool Day, Spa Day, Sonoma Clearly a fan of wine weekends, Napa is one of my favorite choices for girl’s trips! It’s a great place to head after a night or two in San Francisco, or come here directly for a weekend of relaxation and lots of wine! The overall vibe is very laid back — you can do a day hopping from vineyard to vineyard. Depending on where you stay, also add in a day of lounging at the spa or pool. There are several properties, many of which are rightfully more romantic, but for a girl’s stay find somewhere that has bikes, good restaurants, amenities, and a spa scene. MORE ON MY NAPA GUIDE
**** WHEN IN DOUBT! Don’t underestimate the power of a stay-cation! For New Years this past year – my childhood best friend and I booked a room at the Joule in Dallas. Similarly, I’ve done staycations when I lived in LA booking nights at The Beverly Hills Hotel (SEE MY GUIDE HERE) and The Waldorf Astoria — nothing wrong with ordering room service, enjoying a day at the pool. Even if you want to just book some treatments at a spa, soak in the amenities for the day, then head back to your regularly scheduled programming!
More Girl’s Trip Ideas: Iceland (Just booked a trip here with my roommates) | Nashville (Stay at the Noelle) | The Hamptons | Nantucket | Tulum | Miami | Los Angeles (My home for 8 years! – Surfrider, Palihouse, Waldorf, of Beverly Hills Hotel) | Las Vegas (I’ve done many Girl’s Trips here – Stay at the Cosmo or Wynn)