Los Angeles has SO much to offer, but come December I’d say it’s not commonly know as a Christmas destination around the globe. Despite all the Holiday power that a red Starbucks cup has, I’ve been on the hunt for anything and everything that has an ounce of Holiday spirit. SO with that, here are TEN things I’ve discovered that you can do in LA this December to get completely in the Holiday spirit!
- DISNEYLAND: Unless you live in Orlando, you’re one of the few people that has instant access to Disneyland so don’t take it for granted this Holiday Season! The entire theme park is decorated for the Holidays and more fun and festive than ever! Universal Studios Hollywood is another local option. This time of year the Grinch has taken over + the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter open all month long too! Purchase tickets to Disney HERE & Universal’s Grinchmas HERE.
ICE SANTA MONICA: Skip the indoor malls and head to Santa Monica’s promenade for some seasonal ice skating on their outdoor rink. Open daily now through January 16, 2017! Tickets $15, more Info HERE.
- CHRISTMAS MOVIE NIGHT: While I’m all for cozying up with hot coco and watching a classic Christmas movie at home, the Holidays in hollywood wouldn’t be complete without several special holiday screenings. The Aero Theatre on Montana Avenue in Santa Monica is just one of many locations offering Holiday Movie Nights-:
- CHRISTMAS TREE FARM: Whether you’re looking to travel to a tree farm or visit a lot in town, don’t let the season go by without filling your home with the fresh scent of a christmas tree! Here’s a list of places in the greater LA area to cut down your own this Holiday season.
- DAY TRIP TO BIG BEAR: From DTLA, you can be smack dab in the middle of snow in less than 2 hours! You don’t even have to stress about lodging for the night- if you wake up early enough it’s totally do-able to just go for a day trip, get a $79 one-day lift ticket, get your snow fix, and be right back in LA by evening! (My best friend and I did this day trip years ago when she visited and had the best time!) Purchase lift tickets HERE
- VICTORIAS SECRET FASHION SHOW VIEWING PARTY: Ok so it’s not your typical fa-la-la festivity BUT the fashion show is synonymous with the Holiday Season, so gather your favorite girlfriends, pop the Whispering Angel Rosé, and enjoy a festive viewing party this Monday, December 5th!
- “SANTA” MONICA BAR CRAWL: Bring out the booze and your fav ugly sweater. If you’re down for some drinks and a night out with friends all in the name of charity- save the date, Saturday, December 10, 5pm. There’s an entry fee of $20 and the option of one out of four routes with proceeds going to Westside Food Bank.Get your tickets HERE
- BEVERLY HILLS: Beverly Hills never fails to spread the Holiday spirit. The streets are filled with decorations, there’s even a Santa Claus meet and greet, not the mention Neiman Marcus, Barney’s, and all the shops on Rodeo are just about the best places to do some serious Holiday shopping.
- AFTERNOON CHRISTMAS TEA: All these years after living in London I still love a good cup of tea and a very generous sized scone! Both the Beverly Hills Hotel and the Peninsula Beverly Hills have beautiful Holiday themed afternoon teas. Be sure to book early, sittings fill up fast! Even if tea isn’t your thing, both hotels are lavishly decorated for the Holidays which will put an insta pep in anyone’s holiday step. The Beverly Hills Hotel’s pink nutcrackers are worth a trip in and of themselves!
- BRENTWOOD COUNTRY MART– I visit this quaint, holiday-decorated shopping center weekly.. if not daily. Sugar Paper and goop GIFT, are just a few of my favs for a little holiday shopping. If you’re in the spirit of giving this year, don’t miss the “giving” tree located just outside Farmshop. It’s filled with wish-list items from children to adults that are in need this Holiday season. Also! Christian Louboutin is hosting a special evening of Holiday shopping and wine tasting Thursday, December 8 from 5-7pm. RSVP @ firstname.lastname@example.org
***BONUS!– 12 DAYS OF PLATFORM: Platform in Culver City is hosting all kinds of events, movie nights, make your own wreaths, and more throughout the entire month of December. For a full list of events and schedule read more HERE.
That’s it for my festive to-do’s in LA! Hopefully you all feel the spirit and get your fix one way or another! If you’re planning on traveling outside LA but sticking in California you can also add these last few favorites to your list!
Montage Laguna Beach Christmas Tree
Balboa Boat parade
Ice skating at the beach at Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego